Sorry for no news these past few months. It’s been very hectic since the new family addition back in Dec which I managed to keep low key. I feel so guilty now for neglecting this blog and my readers (don’t think I have any regulars anyway so I guess nothing missed!), but hey priorities are priorities!
Right, the reason for this post is that there has been some recent exciting updates to the spinner which I would love to get feedback on from the public. Thanks to Brant Burnett, the Spinner has been re-invigorated and looks set to become a kick ass component in the making!
We’ve added a bunch of new features and updates including:
- support for jquery 1.3.2
- support for ThemeRoller
- spinning hexidecimals and other numbering systems
- ability to auto-hide buttons and show on hover with customizable speeds
- better keyboard interaction – you could now use PgUp/PgDn to setup up/down in a large increment set by options
We also have a lot more in the works, such as:
- ability to spin time and date
- segment spinning based on formatter
- HTML5 support
- and more…
If interested, check out the latest demo
We’re still in the planning / development stage so any features you see now or currently being planned may not necessarily land in the final release. It all depends on what you want – collectively that is! So if there is something you really think should be added please shout in the dev mailing list or on the UI planning wiki.
Looking forward to some feedback.